Are you in the middle of selecting a social media agency? digital has now crossed many borders ranging from the traditional advertising agency through to pr agency and web agency. It’s now embedded or should be in communication functions as part of a core skill set.
When it comes to choosing an agency the key questions you should ask yourself is are they walking the talk?
1. Have they had experience in blogging – are they blogging for their own agency? Many agencies want to provide content for your organisation and yet have not walked the talk on their own website. Digital communication is as much about tactics as the strategy so being ‘hands on’ is critical.
2. Reach and Engagement of their own social media platforms. How is their follower count and how long have they been on the social media channels?
3. Years experience in the digital space – some agencies are traditional agencies and yet position themselves as a digital agency. Dig a little deeper and you may find they are quite new to the space.
4. SEO – why trust an agency with your SEO if they can’t be found on Google in their own space
5. Authority – have they written articles for journals? presented or chaired at a relevant conference?
6. Relevant Clients – they may have a long list of clients but how many of them did they do digital work for? how many social media strategies have they delivered?
You work hard for your money so ensure your digital specialist has the runs on the board to take care of your business needs.