Recently the Harvard Business Review surveyed over 2000 companies to examine the way they are currently using social media. While they found that uptake was high for many companies use was still experimental. These are just a few of the findings from the report:
- 31% do not measure effectiveness of social media
- Less than 23% uses social media analytic tools
- 7% integrate social media into existing marketing activities
- 12% identified themselves as effective users of social media
- 75% said that they did not know where there most valuable customers were talking about them.
Interestingly two-thirds of the companies are convincinced their use of social media will grow. For further information please Download the full HBR report free