Recently the 2016 Digital Outlook Report: Nonprofit Trends and Strategy was released and while the study was based in the US it does have some marketing insights for local non profits:
- 49% of respondents will be investing more budget in Social Media Promotion / Communication in 2016. This is because many future followers/ supporters can be found across a variety of social channels, and orgs are putting most of their plans and strategy into Facebook this year.
- The report has found that visual content to drive engagement continues to be a focus for nonprofits in 2016. Visual content continues to outperform other content across a broad spectrum on engagement indicators.
- Visual content is used due to Wireless connections and speeds continue to increase, giving people more access to your images and videos anytime, anywhere. • The text-based content market continues to become more saturated, leaving constituents with a higher demand for more visual forms of content. • Constituents are becoming increasingly impatient, wanting faster, complex and instantly delivered forms of communication
- 61.06% of organisations had at least one staff member dedicated solely to online digital strategy. • 52.09% of respondents have a team of at least 2-5 people focused on digital strategy.
- Developing a digital strategy often had barriers and these were identified as Staff shortage • Budget restraints • Coming up with new engaging content • Lack of training on new digital strategies and tactics • Providing ROI internally
- 23% of respondent organizations have now created supporter personas to help guide digital strategy. • 16% of respondent organisations have done demographic analysis, but have not created the more sophisticated personas, which pull in additional behavioral and psycho-demographic data.
- The two leading priority tactics include the following: 56% content marketing, 39% conversion rate optimisation and SEO
What will you be focusing on this year and why?
Digital Democracy is a Sydney digital marketing consultancy. We have experience with a range of non profits including ACON, The Gut Foundation, TheMHS Mental Health, ANZUP, PetRescue and others.
Need some assistance to get your digital marketing strategy on track talk to us 0423073099